Computer Science

Download An Introduction to Parallel Programming by Peter Pacheco PDF

By Peter Pacheco

Writer Peter Pacheco makes use of an academic method of convey scholars tips to boost powerful parallel courses with MPI, Pthreads, and OpenMP. the 1st undergraduate textual content to without delay handle compiling and working parallel courses at the new multi-core and cluster structure, An advent to Parallel Programming explains the best way to layout, debug, and assessment the functionality of disbursed and shared-memory courses. undemanding workouts train scholars find out how to collect, run and adjust instance programs.

Key features:

  • Takes an academic procedure, beginning with small programming examples and construction steadily to more difficult examples
  • Focuses on designing, debugging and comparing the functionality of disbursed and shared-memory programs
  • Explains the right way to increase parallel courses utilizing MPI, Pthreads, and OpenMP programming models
  • Show description

    Read Online or Download An Introduction to Parallel Programming PDF

    Similar computer science books

    Understanding and Applying Machine Vision (2nd Edition) (Manufacturing Engineering and Materials Processing)

    A dialogue of functions of desktop imaginative and prescient know-how within the semiconductor, digital, car, wooden, nutrients, pharmaceutical, printing, and box industries. It describes structures that allow tasks to maneuver ahead quickly and successfully, and specializes in the nuances of the engineering and approach integration of desktop imaginative and prescient know-how.

    Introduction to Game Development (2nd Edition)

    Welcome to advent to online game improvement, moment variation, the recent version of the e-book that mixes the knowledge and services of greater than twenty video game pros to provide you a special advent to all elements of video game improvement, from layout to programming to enterprise and creation. prepared round the curriculum directions of the foreign online game builders organization (IGDA), the booklet is split into seven autonomous sections, every one that includes articles written via the specialists on these subject matters.

    An Introduction to Neural Networks

    Filenote: PDF retail is from EBL. It does seem like the standard you get should you rip from CRCnetbase (e. g. TOC numbers are hyperlinked). it's TFs retail re-release in their 2005 version of this name. i believe its this caliber because the Amazon Kindle continues to be exhibiting released by way of UCL press v. TF
    Publish yr word: First released in 1997 through UCL press.
    ------------------------

    Though mathematical principles underpin the learn of neural networks, the writer provides the basics with out the complete mathematical equipment. All points of the sphere are tackled, together with synthetic neurons as versions in their actual opposite numbers; the geometry of community motion in development area; gradient descent tools, together with back-propagation; associative reminiscence and Hopfield nets; and self-organization and have maps. The usually tricky subject of adaptive resonance conception is clarified inside a hierarchical description of its operation.

    The publication additionally contains numerous real-world examples to supply a concrete concentration. this could increase its attract these serious about the layout, building and administration of networks in advertisement environments and who desire to increase their realizing of community simulator programs.

    As a accomplished and hugely available creation to 1 of crucial themes in cognitive and laptop technological know-how, this quantity should still curiosity a variety of readers, either scholars and pros, in cognitive technology, psychology, machine technology and electric engineering.

    LINPACK: users' guide

    The authors of this conscientiously dependent advisor are the significant builders of LINPACK, a special package deal of Fortran subroutines for interpreting and fixing a variety of structures of simultaneous linear algebraic equations and linear least squares difficulties. This advisor helps either the informal consumer of LINPACK who easily calls for a library subroutine, and the professional who needs to change or expand the code to deal with certain difficulties.

    Extra info for An Introduction to Parallel Programming

    Sample text

    3 Vector Addition Before we continue looking at the PVector class and its add() method (purely for the sake of learning since it’s already implemented for us in Processing itself), let’s examine vector addition using the notation found in math and physics textbooks. Vectors are typically written either in boldface type or with an arrow on top. For the purposes of this book, to distinguish a vector from a scalar (scalar refers to a single value, such as an integer or a floating point number), we’ll use the arrow notation: → • Vector: u • Scalar: x Let’s say I have the following two vectors: 33 Chapter 1.

    If R2 is not less than P, go back to step 1 and start over. Here we are saying that the likelihood that a random value will qualify is equal to the random number itself. 1 for R1. This means that R1 will have a 10% chance of qualifying. 83 for R1 then it will have a 83% chance of qualifying. The higher the number, the greater the likelihood that we will actually use it. Here is a function (named for the Monte Carlo method, which was named for the Monte Carlo casino) that implements the above algorithm, returning a random value between 0 and 1.

    One technique is to fill an array with a selection of numbers—some of which are repeated—then choose random numbers from that array and generate events based on those choices. int[] stuff = new int[5] stuff[0] = 1; stuff[1] = 1; 1 is stored in the array twice, making it more likely to be picked. length)); Picking a random element from an array Running this code will produce a 40% chance of printing the value 1, a 20% chance of printing 2, and a 40% chance of printing 3. We can also ask for a random number (let’s make it simple and just consider random floating point values between 0 and 1) and allow an event to occur only if our random number is within a certain range.

    Download PDF sample

    Rated 4.95 of 5 – based on 38 votes