By Paulino Calderon Pale
Master the Nmap Scripting Engine and the paintings of constructing NSE scripts
About This Book
- Extend the features of Nmap to accomplish customized initiatives with the Nmap Scripting Engine
- Learn the basics of Lua programming
- Develop robust scripts for the Nmap Scripting Engine
- Discover all of the positive factors and libraries of the Nmap Scripting Engine
- In-depth assurance of the Nmap Scripting Engine API and most vital libraries with examples
Who This ebook Is For
If you must learn how to write your personal scripts for the Nmap Scripting Engine, this can be the ebook for you. it's ideal for community directors, details safeguard pros, or even web fans who're accustomed to Nmap.
What you are going to Learn
- Get to grips with the basics of Lua, the programming language utilized by the Nmap Scripting Engine
- Extend the services of Nmap by means of writing your individual NSE scripts
- Explore the Nmap Scripting Engine API
- Discover the entire to be had NSE libraries
- Write strong brute strength password auditing scripts
- Customize the databases dispensed with Nmap
- Produce versatile script reviews in NSE
- Optimize Nmap scans with script and library arguments
- Enhance the model detection services of Nmap
Nmap is a well known defense instrument utilized by penetration testers and procedure directors for plenty of various networking projects. The Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) used to be brought in the course of Google's summer time of Code 2006 and has extra the facility to accomplish extra initiatives on the right track hosts, comparable to complex fingerprinting and repair discovery and data gathering.
This e-book will educate you every thing you must comprehend to grasp the paintings of constructing NSE scripts. The publication starts off via protecting the elemental suggestions of Lua programming and experiences the syntax and constitution of NSE scripts. After that, it covers crucial positive aspects of NSE. It jumps correct into coding functional scripts and explains the best way to use the Nmap API and the to be had NSE libraries to supply powerful scripts. ultimately, the ebook covers output formatting, string dealing with, community I/O, parallelism, and vulnerability exploitation.