By Dan Forsberg, Günther Horn, Wolf-Dietrich Moeller, Valtteri Niemi
A concise, up-to-date advisor to the 3GPP LTE defense Standardization specifications
A welcome Revised variation of the winning LTE Security addressing the protection structure for SAE/LTE, that's in response to components of the safety architectures for GSM and 3G, yet which wanted an important remodel as a result considerably elevated complexity, and various architectural and company requisites of fourth new release structures. The authors clarify intimately the protection mechanisms hired to fulfill those necessities. The requirements generated through standardization our bodies in basic terms tell approximately the best way to enforce the method (and this in simple terms to the level required for interoperability), yet virtually by no means tell readers approximately why issues are performed the best way they're. additionally, requisites are usually readable just for a small crew of specialists and absence the context of the wider photograph. The publication fills this hole by way of offering first hand details from insiders who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE defense within the correct standardization physique, 3GPP, and will accordingly clarify the explanation for layout judgements during this area.
- A concise, absolutely up to date consultant to the 3GPP LTE protection Standardization specifications
- Describes the fundamental parts of LTE and SAE safeguard, written through top specialists who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE safety within the proper standardization physique, 3GPP
- Explains the reason at the back of the factors requirements giving readers a broader figuring out of the context to those specifications
- Includes new chapters masking 3GPP paintings on method improvements for MTC, plus software layer safeguard in ETSI TC M2M and embedded shrewdpermanent card in ETSI SCP; safeguard for Machine-type conversation, Relay Node defense, and destiny demanding situations, together with Voice over LTE, MTC, domestic base stations, LIPA/SIPTO, and New Cryptographic Algorithms
Essential examining for process engineers, builders and folks in technical revenues operating within the quarter of LTE and LTE protection, verbal exchange engineers and software program builders in cellular conversation field.
Read Online or Download LTE Security PDF
Best network security books
The 1st consultant to making plans and appearing a actual penetration try in your computer's security
Most IT protection groups be aware of conserving networks and platforms secure from assaults from the outside-but what in the event that your attacker used to be at the inside of? whereas approximately all IT groups practice numerous community and alertness penetration checking out strategies, an audit and attempt of the actual position has now not been as frequent. IT groups are actually more and more inquiring for actual penetration assessments, yet there's little on hand by way of education. The target of the try is to illustrate any deficiencies in working tactics referring to actual security.
Featuring a Foreword written by way of world-renowned hacker Kevin D. Mitnick and lead writer of The artwork of Intrusion and The artwork of Deception, this publication is the 1st consultant to making plans and acting a actual penetration try. inside of, IT defense professional Wil Allsopp publications you thru the full technique from collecting intelligence, getting within, facing threats, staying hidden (often in undeniable sight), and gaining access to networks and data.
• Teaches IT protection groups tips to holiday into their very own facility so as to shield opposed to such assaults, that's frequently missed through IT defense groups yet is of severe importance
• bargains with intelligence collecting, equivalent to getting entry development blueprints and satellite tv for pc imagery, hacking protection cameras, planting insects, and eavesdropping on protection channels
• comprises safeguards for specialists paid to probe amenities unbeknown to staff
• Covers getting ready the file and providing it to management
In order to safeguard info, you must imagine like a thief-let Unauthorised entry enable you get within.
An all-star forged of authors research the head IT defense threats for 2008 as chosen by way of the editors and readers of Infosecurity journal. This ebook, compiled from the Syngress safeguard Library, is a necessary reference for any IT expert handling firm protection. It serves as an early caution procedure, permitting readers to evaluate vulnerabilities, layout defense schemes and plan for catastrophe restoration may still an assault happen.
The protection Analyst sequence from EC-Council | Press is constituted of 5 books overlaying a vast base of themes in complicated penetration trying out and data protection research. The content material of this sequence is designed to show the reader to groundbreaking methodologies in carrying out thorough info safeguard research, in addition to complex penetration checking out innovations.
- Check Point NG VPN-1 Firewall-1: Advanced Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network Perimeter Security: Building Defense In-Depth
- Information Security Theory and Practice: 10th IFIP WG 11.2 International Conference, WISTP 2016, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, September 26–27, 2016, Proceedings
- Penetration Testing: Protecting Networks and Systems
Additional info for LTE Security
The ciphertexts to be chosen may depend on previously observed plaintexts. Only the ﬁrst two models are available for a passive attacker. Various chosen plaintext and ciphertext scenarios can also be practical attack models. An example is the case where the user has full access to a tamper-resistant cryptographic module and tries to discover the key inside the module. A similar classiﬁcation of attack models applies for attacks against authentication and integrity protection. The simplest attack type that applies even in the ciphertext-only model is exhaustive search of all keys.
The work in 3GPP is contribution driven; individual members send delegates to the working group meetings in order to progress the speciﬁcation work. Looking at it from another angle, if no member has an interest in progressing work on a particular speciﬁcation, that speciﬁcation is never completed. The higher layer body, the TSG, has to approve starting a new work item in a working group. Later the TSG approves the speciﬁcation resulting from the work item and the change requests to it. The change request procedure is a formal tool for handling corrections to approved speciﬁcations.
The role of cryptanalysis in modelling attackers is a complex issue. It is perfectly ﬁne to ﬁnd weaknesses in systems that are still under design and not deployed in practice. This is because then it is still easy and relatively cheap to take corrective action. However, when the system is already in wide use the role of cryptanalysis may become controversial. A clever attack found by a researcher may be reproduced by a real-life attacker who would not have invented it otherwise. In this case, the attack found by the researcher seems to cause a decrease in the level of security rather than an increase.